Friday 5 October 2012

Cellular work

Last night I focused on completing the "Cellular" series, each consisting of  polymer clay cane slices trapped between two sheets of glass. The idea was to create a "microscope slide" effect.
The multiplication of the slices is what creates the interest, and I wanted them to look organic - not perfect.
 I hope that this time I will get the baking time correct....I burned a previous experiment.  
Actually, I think I would like to make a fifth  piece, and hang them all in a vertical row, like the textiles squares.
 Most of my work is complete now, and I just have to concentrate on how to "finish" everything....(such as adding brooch backs to the polymer clay ovals), and get it ready for display (working out how I am going to attach the glass pieces to the wall or backing board)

No comments:

Post a Comment